Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

December 22, 2010

Bundle of Beauty -- 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

I've finally gotten to a place where I am able to sit down and catch up on this blogging. For a short update, I'm now one semester closer to being an upperclassman college student. Whoa. This whole time concept sure throws me for a loop. For the first time in my after-high school life I can also officially say that I made the Dean's list. Another whoa.

This past semester has taught me so much, and seemed to have passed with the snap of a finger. Starting in a couple weeks I will be a new member to Bethel's Concert Choir with lots of Numbers to catch up on, a guitar teacher with much to learn to an eight year old little girl, and will be stretched to make the most with my time with 17 credits of classes on my plate. Bring on the excitement and challenges alike.

Beauiful Friday #16
Jenna's surprise Birthday meets Welcome Home party. Wonderful Rachel schemed up the terrific plan to stash as many of Jenna's close friends that could make it as possible into a crazy room filled with fantastic Italian food all at the same time. The beauty of humor and the reunion of friends after too long came clear during the simultaneous eruption of laughter and smiles after hiding all our faces behind the menus at Olive Garden to aid our disguise.

Beautiful Saturday #17
After clearing the rooms of third floor's Pac Rim voyagers-to-be, and checking the health (aka: making sure there will be no molding food in the fridge, or stench build-up from the trash) of the rest of our rooms, I spent the night with Karleen and Kelsey at the Greeney's. Even though it was planned to be much earlier, Karleen's arrival home didn't beat 1am. The beautiful part comes in when Kelsey and I were rushing throughout the kitchen, trying to be silent as mice, while at the same time trying to prepare a scrumptious dinner for our lovely Karleen. The even more beautiful part was the sharing of some homemade peppermint cheesecake. Oh, the beauty of unplanned randomness.

Beautiful Sunday #18
What's more beautiful than the collage of 3-9 year olds singing well-known Christmas tunes? Well, it was at least the highlight of my Sunday morning at Epic. There was Caleb, a young boy soloing on Little Drummer Boy. You had to be there, so I won't even try to explain, but it put the greatest smile on my face. More than beautiful.

Beautiful Monday #19
Coming home from a semester being at school, things always seem to look a little different. Some for the better, yes, but also some for the...

Anyways, Monday afternoon I got to play catch-up with my little cousins. Evie, Tess, and Olivia; ages eight and four. It is incredible to take notice of the obvious "growth spurt" they've had over the past couple months. Very interesting and extrememly beautiful. Such cutie pies!

Beautiful Tuesday #20
I think that it's time to talk about something controversial. One of my favorite things, but sadly I realize not everyone shares the same feelings on the subject. Grocery shopping. So beautiful. Not exactly sure why, I just love it. Solo is fine, and made even better with company. Just yesterday my grandma and I were out picking up some things off our "list" when all of a sudden I heard my name...

"Casey?!" And for the record, it was a mix between excitement and a question. Spoken confidently, yet with the hope of not being embarrassed. It was none other than one of my best friends from high school: Hannah. Such a pleasant, and beautiful, surprise.

Thank you, Lord, for Hannah. SHE is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, yes the little dummer boy. I love that little boy, so cute! How beauty comes in so many forms.

    ReplyDelete