Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

June 20, 2010

Blessings Come In All Shapes and Sizes... Even Sleep Talking

I have been feeling rather blessed being here.

I still do miss Indiana very much, but I know that I will be back there soon. I have had a few people be intentional about getting to know me, and letting me know that if I ever need anything or anyone to talk to, that they are here for me. I feel so thankful. And I'm also super thankful that I've continued to be able to connect with Nick (the youth pastor, Aaron (overseeing the interns), Josh (acoustic guitar and worship), along with several others. I've really enjoyed working with Josh. Not only have we worked on technical skills, but he has shared with me that he wants to pass on some principles and thoughts also. Two things that he has shared so far are:

1) Do not see people for what they do, or what they can do for you, but for who they are. This is really applicable in so many settings, especially within the context of musical worship -- thinking of situations where you might let someone "get away with" more than someone who would be less skilled. Just thinking about scenarios like that.

2) Everyone is welcome here, but no one is welcome to stay unchanged. I like this one -- and this is where small groups, and accountability, etc come in.


Also, I'm pretty sure that since my last actual update, Sarah, one of the other interns, has actually moved in with me. We are roomies. And let's just say, we've been getting to know each other rather well, haha. I love waking up to a new story each morning of how I was talking in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment