Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

May 17, 2010

From Southern Twangs To Counting Dead Armadillo's

I'm sitting in our hotel room right now :)

Julia and I made it to Tulsa, Oklahoma for the night, and we are heading out to San Antonio at 6:30am after our free continental breakfast tomorrow morning! Haha. We made it here in 12 hours today, and didn't eat anything but a cookie from 6am until dinner, so we were really hungry. We ended up eating at this local hole-in-the-wall place called 5-Diner -- it was good, not to mention adorable! It was quite obvious to us that we chose to dine in at the local "old folks" restaurant of choice, as one by one they kept rolling in ordering the special of the night -- meatloaf. Personally, ewe, haha, but it was heart-warming to see their connections with that workers there.

One of my friends I just recently was talking with asked me if Julia and I played any car games. I responded with, "nahh. we talked. and listened to music. and i slept. haha." That's the truth :) From already being able to hear the southern twangs when people talk, to counting the number of dead armadillo's on the sides of roads, to seeing people driving with cowboy hats on, it has been a ton of fun!

Stay tuned in for plenty more updates and some crazy awesome pictures coming your way.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I found out who my host family is going to be. I have a mom, a dad, and a little brother in the 6th grade named Franklin -- cute!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, yeah! I totally forgot! Do the Texan food places still have cowheads? Because when I was a kid most places had a head or two. My father would lift us up and let us pet them. Good times, and great food!

    ReplyDelete