Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

May 23, 2010

Don't Walk Away

Man oh man, my heart is heavy. I am sitting here in San Antonio, Texas. It is great here, and I know I am supposed to be here, but (why does there always seem to be a but?) something isn't right. I've been doing a lot of reading since I've been here, but I fear that it has replaced the life that comes from God's Word. Plus, I have only picked up my guitar twice in the past week. I hate that. So much. 

These Shawn McDonald lyrics to "Don't Walk Away" gave me something to think about. 

When I look at you, I see you filling your life with all that you can find
Hoping and wishing this world can bring you
A little peace of mind
Well, stop looking, 'cause He's right in front of your eyes
'Cause He will never give up on you today
No, don't walk away
'Cause He'll never let you go

God, I need strength that can only come through Your Spirit. Lover, you have never given up on me and you douse me in Your unfailing love and strength constantly. You are so gracious and patient, Lord. I am sorry for my laziness. Abba, cause my heart to sync with the passions of Yours, and fan them into flame, God. This is my desire. More of You, less of me. Please bind up these feelings of anxiety, doubt and insecurity that Satan is trying to trap me with. You are God, and You are mighty. Thank You for Your son, Jesus, and the power You have given me through His holy name. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment