Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

April 29, 2010

Epic Journey

Words cannot express how blessed I have been through Epic Church. God totally set me up there, and we are family. Seeing anyone and everyone from there seriously makes my week. I have never been a part of a church family such as Epic -- not only do we speak like we care about one another, but it's real. We live life together, and like it.

This past semester, especially, I have gotten connected and plugged in with the community there. I was able to be a part of their Launch Team before we even launched as a church. With that, I have really been able to hear the heart behind all the decisions that have been made, and so on.

I also remember over Christmas break this past year, I was in Kansas City at a conference through IHOP (International House of Prayer), and I was prophesied over that God was going to increase musical leadership in me. It was not even a week after that (I remember sitting in my Prob and Stats class), that I received an email about joining their worship team. God has a way of having people in the right place at the right time, and the details behind all of this are only explainable through Christ.

Now that summer has arrived (so excited), I am going to miss this family that I have here so much. I'll be in Texas in less than three weeks, and in about three months, I'll be back here. And if I've learned one thing from this year -- it's that time flies. I have so much to look forward to, and at the same time I want to be completely planted and present in each place that I find myself in through this transition.

I thought that last Sunday was going to be my final week playing with Epic (for now), but it was on Tuesday that I found out that I have one more time with them -- yayayaa! And we have such a great set :) :) Send Me Out, O Praise Him, Everlasting God, Relentless, Amazing Grace, and Hosanna.

The other day, the team went out for some bubble tea (the best), and were able to just chill with each other. 


We had some fun with Jenga and I dominated at Egyptian Ratscrew, haha. Fun times -- talk about living life together. And then last night at practice, we decided to make a list of things/events that would keep us from practicing -- scaffolding was added as #1. Guess you had to be there. We ended up devouring lots of pizza, drinking caffeine out of crazy mugs (I was "hot stuff -- Texas"), praying with and for each other, and sharing lots of crazy (some embarrassing) stories.

Thank you Lord for Your great plans. I love You.

Here are some other pics from my journey with Epic so far...

I love this girl so much.
Jeremy... typical, typical.
Karleen and I out at Culver's after Good Friday service.
This is what happens when you leave your camera unattended...
Crazy shenanigans :)
Final practice before the Launch.
Pre-Launch service 2
And again...
Improv stage... hey, it works!
Pre-Launch service 1
Lunch at the Greeney's -- always such a treat!
Grown-up table, haha.

1 comment:

  1. We're gonna miss seeing you around this summer Casey! Hope you have an awesome time and we look forward to getting you back with us in a few months! :)

    Josh

    ReplyDelete