Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

April 22, 2010

Through The Change

I was soaking up some sun earlier this evening... just thinking over this past year.
Here is something I wrote --

My mind is spinning and my heart is full.
Tears are welling up, O Lord --
Let Your Spirit flow.

God, I am so incredibly thankful for everything you've given me and blessed me with this year so far at Bethel. For all the challenges and kill-me-now moments. For the tears and fits of laughter. All the memories and friendships that I can only pray will last a lifetime. God you are so huge, and I am so not. I don't even know what to think or where to start. This year is quickly coming to an end... and....

"I know You're always there
To hear my every prayer inside
I'm clinging to -
The promise of a lifetime.
I hear the words You say
To "never walk away from me
And leave behind
The promise of a lifetime."

Will You help me fall apart?
Pick me up -
Take me in Your arms.
I find my way back -
From the storm.
And You show me how to grow
Through the change...

I am holding on -
To the hope I have inside.
With You I will stay -
Through every day.
Pulling my understanding aside.

And I am comforted...."

You are my Lover and I am Yours.
Such a safe place -- You are constant.
You sing sweetly over me and cause my heart to rejoice from the depths of my soul.
Thank You for Your grace -- It falls down on me!
Let It Rain....

No comments:

Post a Comment