Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

January 25, 2011

Oh, He Knows Us.

January 21st
Today I got an invitation to my first wedding for a friend from Bethel! I am so excited -- congrats, Sam :) You are beautiful!!!

Also, tonight Laura and I ran some errands. On our way, we met an icy patch on the roads, and did a 180 - yikes! I picked up some super cute notes & envelopes for 10cents a pack at Michaels, and Laura let me drive her car all the way back to Bethel from the South Bend airport. This time, I didn't cut anyone off! After our safe return to campus, Sam and I bonded over some pizza rolls while watching 27 Dresses, my favorite! I seriously love this girl, and our friendship. If you know her, you know how insanely stylish she is, and that she is a complete pro at making (not tacky) jewelry. So, it totally made my night when she gave me one of her beautiful creations. What an honor.

January 22nd
Today was Laura's Nursing Dedication Ceremony. Both of us were able to sleep in, which was much needed, and then the fancy hair-do's and fitting into high heels began (or not-so-high). Anywho, this ceremony was a big deal for Laura and her classmates, and I am so proud of her for all her hard work and dedication to her calling as a nurse. She is so beautiful!

Funny moment from the ceremony -- a guy shared that one of his "top five reasons for being a nurse is giving needles. For it is better to give, than to receive." I definitely laughed at that one.

After the ceremony, Karleen and I enjoyed a triple-chocolate date at the fantastic South Bend Chocolate Factory. Mmmm. Let me define what I mean by "triple" -- Hot Chocolate La Salle (mint hot cocoa), with a chocolate truffle on top, and a double chocolate chip muffin. WHOAH! It was a great time of being together, as always, and being able to catch up.

January 23th

Here are the beautiful highlights of the day:

-Being back at Epic since before Christmas break.
-Packers owning the Bears and off to the SuperBowl we go. Yeah Green!

January 24th

Meeting with Mel today, I overheard a girl sitting next to us exclaim her enthusiasm for the Packers. Around here, talk like that isn't too common, so I guess it just stuck out to me. I interrupted and pointed out that, I too, and a fan. This led to another question, and a question or two after that. All to say, she graduated from the same high school as me! What?! And she's a junior here at Bethel - so CRAZY! I just could not believe it - definitely made my day. It was just so refreshing, that even though I know practically nothing about her, to know that we have that in common. Something that I cannot share with anyone else here at Bethel. To me, it was a beautiful reminder of how incredibly serious and true it is that the LORD truly KNOWS us, and how small the world indeed is.

No comments:

Post a Comment