Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

November 15, 2010

I Sincerely Apologize

Okay, so I clean the guest house for Bethel chapel speakers and special guests. Last week there was a man scheduled to stay overnight, as he was going to be on campus addressing financial topics. Check-in time is technically no earlier than 4pm, so naturally I thought I had ample time when I went on over around 1pm in the afternoon.

Side note: There is also a general rule of thumb, that if anything is left in the fridge that looks normal, we can just take it, at our own risk of course! I first headed to the kitchen and found a Snapple in there -- "Score!" I thought. Oh boy.

Next, was to grab the sheets off the beds and throw them in the washer. As I walked into the main bedroom, I nearly had a heart attack. A suitcase. It was just staring right at me. I frantically yelled to my roomie, who was just chilling on the couch doing some homework, and then made a phone call to get some clarity over the situation. Wonderful Banitha, from Student Development, shared that indeed our speaker and guest did check in that morning. That was terrible news.

With no other alternatives I scurried around doing all that I could for the time being, and decided to leave a note. I "sincerely apologized" and gave him the heads-up that he would be sleeping in a clean bed for the night.

Here comes the awesome part. Just a couple days ago, one of my friends Kirsten, and lovely fill-in cleaned the house, as I was unable. This morning she returned the key to me, along with a response to the note I had left earlier. Underneath what I had written, he added "No problem at all. Thanks for all that you do!" And included a five dollar bill -- a gold mine for most any college student. How crazy awesome, and completely unexpected. I found it particularly humorous, as this "tip" came from the financial guy who shared a lot about giving and being generous. Hmm, clear evidence that his walk is more than just talk. Nice.

Lastly, as I was tidying up for yet another guest earlier today, the Snapple drink that I mentioned earlier was still just chilling (literally!) in the fridge. Needless to say, it tastes good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment