Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

November 28, 2010

DTR?

DTR. Define the relationship. Jesus wants to have that conversation with us about what the cost looks like as far as following him. This is a piece of what Jeremy shared this morning at Epic.

Also, funny story. About a month ago I was visiting Purdue and went into a bookstore where I founda book that caught my interest enough so that I "noted" it in my phone. A few days ago I was talking with my grandma and she mentioned that she found a book at Goodwill that she thought I might be interested in. I asked what it was and when she told me I was like WHAT?! The exact same one. Stop Dating the Church, Fall In Love with the Family of God.

"We are a generation of consumers, independent and critical. We attend church, but we don't want to settle down and truly invest ourselves. We're not into commitment -- we only want to date the church.

Is this what God wants for us?

Stop Dating the Church reminds us that faith was never meant to be a solo pursuit. The church is the place God grows us, encourages us, and uses us best. Loving Jesus Christ involves a passionate commitment to His church -- around the world and down the street.

We can't be apathetic. It's time to fall in love with the family of God."

Interesting, huh? All that to say, I hope it's a good read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment