Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

September 30, 2010

All For Good

"You oh Lord are a mighty and powerful God, you engineer situations in my life all for your glory, returning joy and blessings to me because you are good and you love me. You take me down roads I don't understand just so you can prove to me how you always come through, so you can develop patience in me, trust in me...you do it all for good."

Man, that just really speaks so much truth into my life right now. If I'm being honest, I've been having a rough time in my life right now. Just a lot of confusion and fear, ughh, and it's so not wanted. It's a trap, and I know it!

Psalm 119: 105 says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." That reminds me to put my focus on one step at a time. His Word is a lamp unto my feet, not to the next 10 miles in front of me, regardless of how much I would like it to be that way. He says do not be afraid, and yet I still find myself wanting control.

Check out this song. The truth in it is comforting to me. And so I press on. I can feel Him pushing me forward.
Psalm 62.

My soul finds rest in God alone, My Rock and my salvation,
A fortress strong against my foes, And I will not be shaken.
Though lips may bless and hearts may curse, And lies like arrows pierce me,
I’ll fix my heart on righteousness, I’ll look to Him who hears me.

O praise Him, hallelujah, My Delight and my Reward;
Everlasting, never failing, My Redeemer, my God.

Find rest, my soul, in God alone
Amid the world’s temptations;
When evil seeks to take a hold
I’ll cling to my salvation.
Though riches come and riches go,
Don’t set your heart upon them;
The fields of hope in which I sow
Are harvested in heaven.

I’ll set my gaze on God alone,
And trust in Him completely;
With every day pour out my soul,
And He will prove His mercy.
Though life is but a fleeting breath,
A sigh too brief to measure,
My King has crushed the curse of death
And I am His forever.

O praise Him, O praise Him, hallelujah, hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment