Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

September 23, 2010

We Call Him Provider, Don't We?

First things first: I love it here.

Bethel, Indiana -- Mishawaka (who would've ever thought!), Epic...

This year back at college has been particularly difficult with the whole "affording college" thing, and I have been doing so much to do whatever possible to make this work. Being an RA has a been splendid thus far, and that covers room for the entire year, and everything is now officially up for being a Bethel-sponsored blogger. Check it out: www.bethelcollege.edu/Blogs and be sure to click on my picture! Two things right there that are so helpful!

Within this past week God has been proving His faithfulness to me even all the more. He is showing me that He loves me being here just as much as I do, and He wants to keep it that way... but let me just say, He's making me work for it!

1) Religion and Philosophy Department Assistant. I was talking with my adviser the other day and he shared of this opportunity with me. $1000 scholarship. I will be helping with various tasks, including joining with the editing process for one of his books that us currently in the middle of being published.
2) My RD texted me two days ago saying "I have a possible job opportunity for you...". I was curious. Housecleaning for Bethel's guest house for speakers. She was looking for someone to pass the job along to, as she is looking to move on from it herself. Whoah. And I had just talked with her a few days earlier on how from what it looked like, there was nothing left and I had no clue how I was going to be able to come up with my remaining tuition balance. Minimum wage, yes, but it adds up.

God keeps proving His faithfulness to me. Like He needs to, haha right. But I mean, we call Him Provider, don't we?

It comes in various shapes and sizes. Sometimes an anonymous check in the mail.

For me, for now: 4 jobs. I couldn't be more thankful.

Also, I am currently in the process of applying for Independent Status. If you think of it, please join me in prayer that my paperwork will go through. Love you all.

I am reminded: He is good. And He loves me. (Thank you Melisa!) I put my trust in that.

"But seek FIRST his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  (Read all of Matthew 6: 25-35!)

1 comment:

  1. Casey, this is AWESOME!!!! Praise our God for always providing even when we worry or get scared!! I'm so excited for you!! He is faithful :-) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete