Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

August 26, 2010

The Little Things

... add up! They sure do.

God's been revealing Himself and His consistent faithfulness to me in small ways, and well, let me just say, it's all been adding up. Could it be that I am His delight? His desire and pursuit is to bless me? No way, but it's true. I'm so not worthy, often confused and distracted, but He keeps calling. Oh man. It makes me think of those lyrics from The Stand by Hillsong. What can I say? What can I do? But offer this heart, O God, completely to You. I want to be wholeheartedly abandoned to You, Lord Jesus. To the cross.

Okay, two things to share.

Money is one of my least-favorite things. It's so easy to get stressed because of it, and then to feel the need to be in control of it. I've been thinking a lot about how most people would probably say that they want to grow up (whatever that means), but we all want the benefits of it, and forget that it's not just roses and sweet pea spray. Coming into this school year from the summer, I still have no insurance. And I'm still quite a bit short for my current school bills.

1. For my internship this summer, I was expecting a scholarship around $2000. It's actually $2500.

2. I got the job as a Bethel Blogger today. That will be at least $100 credited to my student account each semester.

It's just one of those things, where trust is required through the process. God provides for His children. He always has. And He sets up ways for us to be creative and use the giftings He has given us through it.

He is faithful. With the little things. And they sure do add up.

Luke 16:10 reminds us that "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Since God is constantly gracing us with His faithfulness in the little things, that makes me super excited for the greater things to come. Ohh yeahhh.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I am so glad God continues to bless you my dear dear friend. I know you have been wanting to do the blogging thing for a while now, so I am so glad you got that.
    I will try and keep up with you and all your adventures, when I can. I love you SOOOOOOOOO Much!!!

    ReplyDelete