Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

August 12, 2010

12 Hours



You are my peace, You give me hope. Yours is the voice that calms my restless soul.

12 hours. Can you believe it? I feel like I’ve been running around in circles, muddying myself for a few days in one puddle, and then moving on to another. 12 hours. Then I will be settled. Well, at least for another eight months. One of my professors from last year shared with my Old Testament class that “When God says ‘no’, it’s so that He can say ‘yes’ to something greater.” I have really been finding boat loads of truth in that, looking back at the challenges and accomplishments He has brought me through over the past year. I feel like it is the same with change. Moving from one thing to the other. School, summer, school again. I don’t know about you, but He is super good at keeping me on my toes, which in turn, keeps my eyes fixed on Him. Through the good, bad and ugly, a good friend of mine recently shared with me, “This is a good thing, no matter how difficult it is.” And to “Consider it boot camp for the realities that will come your way in the days to come.” And so, we are only ever moving forward, never looking back. Remember that. Walk in it.

You are my peace, You give me hope. Yours is the voice that calms my restless soul.

(Check out this link – the last five minutes or so of it is a song that the pastor of the church I was working at this summer wrote. It has a folky feel and the words are solid truth. Enjoy!) http://www.ministryconnects.com/Message/Player/?Media=735

No comments:

Post a Comment