Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

May 29, 2011

...I Find My Rest

Right up until coming here (to Grabill), and even then some, I was possibly the most fear-filled I've been in as long as I can remember about something. I felt incredibly trapped in such a battle. Those feelings of fear, nerves, inadequacy, etc. just remind me so much that we do have such active opposition in our lives (as Christians making strides of obedience, love, and so on unto our Abba) -- and that we cannot do anything solo without God. 

Here at Grabill, everyday we start out with personal prayer and devotions, and that has been such a sweet time for me -- it's becoming my favorite time, which is incredible just seeing the whole picture displayed through Scripture of Jesus' voice being what calmed the storms. If we relate Jesus' voice to God's Word -- then it makes sense that when we're actively diving into it, it's God's Word... His voice that calms the storms (and fears, etc) in our lives. That's just something that has been on my mind a lot recently. 

I am almost tearing up right now thinking throughout my life and honestly believing when I say that I'm not sure I've ever been in a better place in my life. I don't know if I fully believe that or not, because I've been in some places that have thoroughly influenced and impacted who I am, but it is beyond clear and beyond exciting to me that I am right where I am supposed to be. I mean this not in the sense that things are "going well" or that "I feel good about where I am", but rather that I believe with confidence that there is no other place for me at the moment that would be more perfect for where I am right now in life, and for how God is preparing me for whatever is to come. You could say I've been "set up!" -- by the best coordinator in the entire universe.

The support I have here, the potential for impact and for Christ's love to be poured out onto and into these students lives, lifelong relationships forming, being a part of a family where I feel 100% comfortable, cared for, and a part of who they are when I'm with them (even when I'm not with them)... is just incredible. It's beyond anything I thought it could be. God knows what He's doing. With you; with me. He does not waste anything. He works for the good of those who loves Him. And He asks for obedience. For our devotion and love toward Him. 

If someone were to ask me how I'm doing with the whole fear thing... I'd say better. I really am. Do I still feel inadequate? Oh absolutely, and I'm okay with that. Mostly because it's true. It's too easy to fall out of "dependent on God" mode -- so it's right where I belong.

Since I often share and speak through the language of tunes... give this song a listen. 

Where I Belong by Cory Asbury. My favorite line in it goes, "It's here in Your presence, God, I find my rest."




Much Love and thankful for your continued prayers,

Case

No comments:

Post a Comment