Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

May 28, 2011

Four Years Overdue, Never Too Late

Saturday, May 28th -- Someone had a full day you might say :)

Right off the bat I had my second shot at passing my driver's test. First in Mishawaka. Second in Auburn. Four years overdue, but finally this girl is an official licensed driver. (Also, I managed quite the attractive mug shot I should add.)

Chip-chap (Courtney -- other female intern) is now finally here in Grabill to say for good. To celebrate, we went shopping for some Sunday attire... and met up with our dear Gabes (aka: my future roomie) in town for a wedding. 



Never short of an interesting story, more like awkward or "just great" if you will, two took place: one at Hot Topic, another at Maurices. You can ask me in person if you so desire; i'd be glad to share. 

Coming home from the mall, Chap and I decided to crash "Turdle's House" -- home of Heath for the summer. His host fam is still on vacation out of the country, and his brother was in town visiting, so we payed a short visit ourselves. Maybe we shoulda stuck around a bit longer, as Heath's bro was practicing his culinary skills on quite the rack of lamb. 

Lisa and I have the house to ourselves since I got home, since host mom and host dad are at a wedding. For starters, we just chilled out and surfed our pasts through the sharing of some Facebook photos, followed by (as we soon found out, a very sad...) attempt at some home-made chocolate chip meets butterscotch meets coconut meets oatmeal cookies. On a normal day I would only choose two of said ingredients, but I decided to go along with it!!! Made for a good memory though :)


After failing at a simple task of cookie-making, we had the bright idea of making up for it with some ice cream at CVS. Waiting in the check out line, we were soon informed that there was a deal going until 10pm of buy one get one free. Prime example of "two is better than one." 

After a once-started-never-ending YouTube game of show and tell, with our dog Missy having a shaking attack from the pretty intense roars of thunder and flashes of lightening outside, we now find ourselves just sitting back watching some Monk in the basement. 

Talk about a fun-filled Saturday. 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it's going so well :) I'm so pumped for you. Praying for you friend! And congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete