Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

July 5, 2010

A Bit Jumbled? Hmm.

Recently, I’ve been learning a lot about warring for other people’s souls through prayer.  

I just got back earlier this evening from an extremely fun weekend at my host family’s lake house for the Fourth. I can confidently say that it was the best Fourth I have had yet! There was swimming, LOTS of swimming (and tubing, jet skiing, boating), games, southern food, pranks, lots of guitars, and tons of people. It was pretty much a family reunion for them -- definitely a super fun time! To get to my point, my host mom’s sister has a son named John. He had a friend named Alec, and then there were the neighbors who had a sweet little girl named Savannah. The first night we were there, my roomie Sarah and I had great conversations with them. Alec just started asking us questions about why we’re Christians. That he could see the passion, but just doesn’t understand how we can make it our life. And what if we’re wrong? How can we be so sure on Christianity? It was hard, but I loved the conversation. He asked us to share the reasons of our hope, and so we did. Then he shared his life. It pretty much sucks. He was raised by his grandparents  in San Diego – cool that we shared that commonground though. John was definitely a “charmer meets difficult”. And the main neighbor guy, Pete, is a cop. From what he shared, super desensitized to life, and sees everything as black and white. And according to him, YOU define what black and white is to you. After the first night, my heart was just so hurt – not BY them, but FOR them. For disillusionment in their lives, and how they try to fill the obvious voids. So, what to do? PRAY! (Not as an excuse, or a way to ignore them, but to actually PRAY!). 

That is example number one.

Second, I also just got back last Saturday from being a female counselor at Royal Family Kids Camp. It's a camp for abused foster kids who are wards of the state. The purpose of this camp is "to provide safety, fun, positive memories, and a positive role model for abused and neglected children within a context of Christian values; to press into service the skills that I have; to listen; to express genuine empathy and to love unconditionally without requiring anything in return for my investment." They aim to treat the kids "royally"..... it costs over $700 a camper, but it's all raised through supporters, etc. Anywho, it was totally set up by God. I found out super last minute because three female "counselors" dropped out cuz of things that couldn't have been preventable (getting surgery, losing a job, etc). It was absolutely incredible, and super exhausting at the same time. My girl Neissa asked me to pray with her to receive the love of Christ the last night we were there. It was so unbelievable, and something i will never forget. Angels have been rejoicing ever since!  Sarah (my roomie, in case you forget), had a 10 year old girl named Doris, who in the past six months, saw first-hand, her mom get shot by her mom’s pimp. These kids speak with no hope, and they believe they have no hope. So, warring for people’s souls through prayer. I think you get it.

Sorry if this is a bit jumbled. This is me processing -- and you are getting stuck in it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Way to go! God is totally there changing lives! What wonderful news, that you are being challenged and asked many questions! I will be praying that you do not get weak and not stop sharing the Truth with others around you. Change lives, Casey! Change your life too!

    Love you my sister in Christ, always!!!!

    ReplyDelete