Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

March 3, 2010

Reminiscing

I'm currently on spring break, back home in Wisconsin. I've had a lot of down time, which has been really nice. But with that, there has also been reminiscing. Looking into my past. Listening to old songs that have moved me. Reading old notes that have impacted who I am today. I am not quite sure how to react or even feel.

The only thing I am sure of right about now is how incredible Christ is.
"You make oceans from the rain- breathing life into this place."

Knowing that "feelings" don't ultimately matter, I am in a mix of heaviness and a deep gratitude. Knowing where I should be; astounded by grace.

"The blood of Jesus can wash your pain away." So true. He has, does and will. And I thank you, LORD. I've been meditating on the lyrics of an old song of mine.

Short and sweet-

You astonish me.
With how much You care.
How You hold me close when it seems like no one else is there.
Your grace it upholds me.
You keep my heart in tact.
Not to keep to myself what You've given me as fact.
My pain, my fear, my doubt.
Your love, Your care, Your joy.
It's Your love, Your care, Your joy.

And I thank you, LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment