Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

January 22, 2010

Gotta reason to DANCE, DANCE

"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you."
2 Chronicles 20:12.

This is in the context of this crazy huge battle going on, along with quite possibly the largest, craziest worship service the world has even seen.

"A vast army is coming against you" verse two shares, indicating that a war on Jehoshaphat is going on, or about to. The Spirit of the Lord makes it clear to his people that "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you."

Verse 15 says that "the battle is not yours, but God's."
Right after the challenging and encouraging word from the Spirit, "Jehoshaphat bowed with his face to the ground, and all the people of Judah and Jerusalem fell down in worship before the LORD." Skip a few verses and "As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men... who were invading Judah, and they were defeated."

:) :)

I think that is incredibly astounding, and the way that it completely relates to life in general amazes me. I can't even begin to count up all the times I've gotten so anxious and riled up based on the current circumstances in my life. Don't get me wrong, there are times that simply just suck and the last thing I want or even need is a solution.

Personally, I believe that it is way more important to just be with people, rather than try and fix them. Through this passage, I feel like God is sweetly saying, "My daughter, I've got this. Trust it. Breathe it. Walk in it." Yes, there are lots of people against us (against His presence inside of us), and yes, it is important to go out and face them, BUT to then step back and let God do the fighting. I think that it's when we do that, stepping back, letting Him fight for us and bowing with our faces to the ground, that then His glory is revealed.

We have so much power in praising the name of Jesus! His name, His power, His glory! I mean seriously!!

"As they began to sing and praise..." THAT'S when the LORD defeated those against them. And once He did, "all the men of Judah and Jerusalem returned joyfully to Jerusalem, for the Lord has given them cause to rejoice over their enemies. They entered Jerusalem and went to the temple of the Lord with harps and lutes and trumpets. The fear of God came upon all the kingdoms of the countries when they heard how the Lord had fought against the enemies of Israel. And the kingdom of Jehoshaphat was at peace, for his God has given him rest on every side."

Talk about a reason to rejoice!

Man, there are so many times that I pray and want and seek and desire a REASON to praise, a REASON to dance, a REASON to worship. And then I remember. JESUS is THE reason.

Isaiah 61 talks about how He comforts all who mourn, provides for those who grieve, turns beauty into ashes, mourning into dancing, and spirits of despair into garments of praise. He is so worthy!

"I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with jewels" (Isaiah 61: 10).

THE LORD WILL FIGHT FOR YOU; YOU NEED ONLY TO BE STILL. Exodus 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment