Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

May 19, 2012

Fickle Flesh

Trust. Yes. Wow. Two things I've been learning lately - trust and rest. Specifically, solitude. There are some things in my life at the moment that have come to an end. With leaving places and the trust thing -- It's like I hear Him saying to me: Casey, you've learned what I've had for you here in this place and community, and now it's time to take it with you over here.

One of my friends shared with me that she's: "In a place of growth, which is sometimes painful, but always good." -- SO TRUE. Well said.

Life's pace just keeps picking up. Where has the time gone - seriously? There are a couple things coming up that really excite me, and that I am anticipating much wresting and molding to accompany me through them. First, I actually moved in yesterday - I'm interning this summer at Nappanee Missionary Church through their internship program called SOAR. Official duties start tomorrow morning for 12 weeks. Following that and throughout next school year, I will be living in Keller Park (the UME through Bethel). I have no idea what I want to do with my life, but quite honestly, I'm not too concerned about it at the moment. Wise? Unwise? I've found this desire in me to be with our Abba. To rest and be molded through silence and solitude with Him. I want to learn and study and be discipled like crazy. I should probably become a nun.  But in all seriousness, this is the season that I find myself in. It's exciting and terrifying at the same time. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I serve a good God. What an adventure. 


Tomorrow will be a big day. My flesh is fickle. My God gives me strength. G'night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment