Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

June 12, 2011

Then. We. Made. It.


OKAY. So story. After attending Leo's grad ceremony (more like dragging a certain someone along!!!), we were then on our way to our one and only grad party of the day. We didn't even look up the address, as this person was rather certain they knew where it was. We pull into the driveway, realizing that there is no room to park. Then, we eventually try the "buggie stop" portion of the road directly in front of the neighbor's place... who was outside. My "passenger" pointed out to me that it looked like no one was home, which was odd, because the party was scheduled to start 15 min before we got there. We decided that they must have been running late, along with the "creeper white van" with the rest of the summer staff in it -- we had managed to escape that one for the day. After jamming out to some J.BEIBS, things were starting to feel a tad shady, so we made a few dials. A call to kelley-guy: no answer. A call to kelly-girl: no answer. This was not good, we thought. Maybe the party was at a park or something! Before things got too panicky, we made another call to our famous captain fun: again no answer. As I hang up my cell, I hear a rumbling and look out my back window. It's captain fun on his moto -- better timing, i think not. As he zooms by, I start shuffling things around, trying to follow the lead. The car was off, but in reverse, so I couldn't start it... ahhh!! I was losing time! Finally.... on the road... I caught up, at this point chippy is dying laughing at me -- certainly not over a laughing matter. at all. We're starting to feel good, about finally being on track, and moto boy starts turning around and shaking his head. What!!! Haha, this was just crazy. Okay, so we then turned around, maybe this time for like the seventh time, and then. we. made. it. whew. what an afternoon, I should say! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Oh yes, the crazy and stressful adventures in cars. I always remember the time with Michelle Grota and us in milwaukee. Oh man, crazy times.

    ReplyDelete