Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

July 25, 2016

One of My Favorites!

HAPPY Monday.

Felt like I was slightly struck by a sledgehammer when I woke, but hey. Ending on a note of hot peppermint tea & introspective words. And nope, it's not the middle of a blizzard despite my Monday evening choices (note: wearing tunic-like sweater & soup for dinner). Just living the midwestern dream; mid 80s & liquid air aka humidity #onpoint.

Woke up several mornings ago thinking about all the festivities that came with such a festive weekend (Fourth of July is one of my favorites!) and my eyes went straight to this verse I have on my wall -

"For you were called to freedom; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." |Galatians 5:13

I just became overwhelmed (in a really good way!) of how great it is, an incredible gift (& very costly), to be truly free. Like beyond a national celebration of independence. Talking about our hearts, our souls. The goods news about Jesus is that he takes the pressure off, makes it possible to find true life & to be free, no longer a slave... to many things (self, society, etc.). And then there's the idea of what we receive, we also give. So we get to walk this thing out & speak life into others & join Jesus in calling our family & friends & neighbors & strangers into that same freedom.

Sometimes I have thoughts. And I realize that there are many many more layers to most of these thoughts. But I like to share them, nonetheless - with or without the layers. So thanks for listening to my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment