Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

May 13, 2014

Because Their Dad Was Thor?

There is fullness of joy in the Kingdom of God. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit. And on that note... this is hilarious.

Oh my. Take a gander. You won't regret it. Disclaimer: for the light of heart only aka lighthearted.

Why did Jesus call James and John "Sons of Thunder"?!

Because they had gas? I don’t know exactly what the disciples ate. If I did, I’d write a book called “The Disciples’ Diet.” It would contain all the secrets that Jesus taught His followers about keeping fit and trim. Actually, I do know they ate bread and fish (that’s how Jesus fed the 5,000) and they drank wine (Jesus turned water into wine at a party, and during the Last Supper, Jesus shared a cup of wine with the disciples after He had broken bread with them). I’m thinking they must have eaten beans, too. Those can cause flatulence in some people. Maybe James and John were affected. Perhaps their gas came out in a loud burst, like thunder. Perhaps I’d better move on to another reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment