Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

December 6, 2012

Perhaps it's the best time.

11 days until finals week. 6 more days of classes. Piles and piles of papers and assignments, and all I want to do is write. I haven't had this desire to pour out my heart through words in years, and I'm not really sure I know what to make of it.

Perhaps my fuel to write comes from strong emotions; that seems to make sense.
And there's a lot of change that's affected my life this semester, with much more just right around the corner.

I feel dry.
I feel full.
I feel weak.
I need strength.
He is good.

Did I mention I have piles and piles of papers and assignments screaming for my attention, and rightfully so? In the midst of this among several other things, my heart and mind and body is being challenged to rest. Sabbath. To take a break. Smile. Breathe. Enjoy.

God, what are you doing? Teaching me about rest? Can't that wait just a few more weeks? This is not a good time! 

Write a poem. Learn a new song. Go for a bike ride. Lay on my back in complete silence and clear my mind. Read a book. An article that sparks my interest. Spin around outside under the moonlight. Grab a coffee with a friend. Go to bed early.  

Perhaps it's the best time.

No comments:

Post a Comment