Above all else guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

February 3, 2010

The Hurricane and the Tree

One of my friends told me that she received a picture for me the other night.

She said that as she was praying for me, she received an image in her mind-- I was standing in a town and there was a hurricane going on, but during the whole time God's hand was hovering over and above it. She asked Him what it meant, and He said that it's like that song "How He Loves" by Kim Walker...

He "Loves like a hurricane and I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. Then all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me."

My friend told me that the hurricane represented God's love that is ripping out and tearing apart the old in my life, whether it be memories, lies, things I've done, thought, or seen, and He is taking me through the process of replanting. Making me new.

There's a new song I've been listening to lately and some of the lyrics go "Be gentle with me Jesus, as you tear me apart," and that's exactly it.
He is SO tender, and gentle and patient.

Lastly, my friend told me that His hand over the whole situation meant that through all the chaos, and in the midst of "the hurricane," He was consuming it with his shadow of love.

OH, YES He does! How He LOVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment